Tuesday 20 January 2015

December in short!




I've been dormant for too long! I've been very busy over the last couple of months. December was mainly taken up with a target of 6000 Birdtrack records, which I acheived and therefore broke the 30,000 barrier for 2014. 
I ended the year in style with a trip to Pugneys for seconds of the Blyth's Pipit which showed superbly well. Pretty much as soon as we left the site, there was news of a Little Bustard flying around East Yorkshire. As soon as it was confirmed, we were well on our way and within an hour or so, we joined the assembled crowd of about 50 to see a Little bloody Bustard sat in a field eating Kale! What an insane bird and one that I really didn't expect to get on my life list anytime soon! A truly crazy bird that, at times, looked remarkably like a Hare!

In addition to this, I FINALLY joined the Caspian Club having seen a superb 2nd winter bird at Chasewater Reservoir on the NGB Gull Day in early December. This is a bird that I've put in more hours than I care to remember to look for, so it felt so good to finally see it. They say, you should never meet your heroes, but in this case, I'm so glad I did! Stunning bird!

No comments: