Sunday 18 March 2012

Stress relief in the form of House Sparrows! - 17th March 2012

I've not posted for so long! This is not because I've not been bothered to blog, but it is simply because I've not been out at all! My university work load has suddenly increased with my 3rd year project proposal etc. It was therefore very nice to get out early yesterday morning with Steve and Rachel at Arthur's farm near Caernarfon.

We caught 71 birds during the morning including - Great-spotted Woodpecker, Dunnock, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Coal Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Nuthatch, Chaffinch and House Sparrow.

We caught 2 House Sparrow including a retrap, which I thought was pretty exciting because House Sparrows are very clever and can avoid the net with general ease. To caught a retrap was even better! Perhaps this was a slightly simpler House Sparrow! A really enjoyable morning and great to get out handling fantactic passerines. Can't wait to get back out!