Tuesday 5 July 2011

Robinson comes to Longsands - 4th July 2011

I have always wanted to put a moth trap in my garden as I soon tired of running round the garden with a torch and a couple of plant pots catching 2 moths a night! Kane has provided me with the opportunity to trap for the first time by lending me his 'Rolls Royce' Robinson 125w MV Trap.
1922 Swallow-tailed Moth Ourapteryx sambucaria
1884 The Magpie Abraxas grossulariata
1860 Green Pug Pasiphila rectangulata
1931 Peppered Moth Biston betularia

Totals of Species I could Identify: 16 Swallowtail, 14 Dot moth, 5 Riband Wave, 9 Heart and Dart, 2 Magpie, 4 Brimstone, 3 Flame, 1 Peppered Moth, 1 Small Magpie, 3 Large Yellow Underwing, 2 Green Oak Tortrix, 1 Mother of Pearl, 1 Beautiful Golden y, 1 Garden Carpet, 17 Double Square Spot, 1 Flame Shoulder, 1 Dark Swordgrass, 1 Green Pug, 1 Clouded Silver, 2 Willow Beauty, 2 Double Lobed, 2 Fanfoot

An excellent nights mothing!

1 comment:

Lancashire and Lakeland Outback Adventure Wildlife Safaris said...

Never got anything like that amount when I lived round the corner from you!
Always wanted a bullfinch in the garden but never got that either!
Cheers

D