Thursday 28 July 2011

Juvenile Bredstarts - Preston - 28th July 2011


After hearing that the Black Redstarts fledged the day after I initially located the two adults together, I couldn't resist a second visit. These birds have become somewhat of a local internet sensation so I was surprised to be the only other observer (except for John Wright whom arrived as I was leaving)
I could hear the juveniles calling from some distance away in the grounds of The Chambers (53 Guildhall Street). I soon located both and managed to get several photos which I am pretty happy with.


calling to his mum...



Thanks to the kind gentlemen who let have access to the roof of The Chambers' building where I could see the male singing and the female feeding the chicks...superb!

2 comments:

geoff gradwell said...

EXCELLENT

Anne said...

Well done Zac, brilliant find - again!