Monday 13 April 2009

Marton Mere - 11th April 2009

Grasshopper Warbler - this was a singing male on the northern side of the Mere between the path and the Bridleway. Here the bird was heard and seen on and off throughout the Afternoon, Whilst I was there, the bird was heard on a few occasions by myself, Maurice Jones and Dave McGrath. Just before I left I managed to briefly see the bird atop a bush but only very briefly before it dissapeared again. This was my earliest Record of the species and a good addition to the Fylde yearlist.
other additions to the Yearlist were:
Sedge Warbler - a male was singing in the south west corner near to the dam.
Reed Warbler - 2 Were singing along the Eastern edge of the mere in the reedbed.
Gadwall - several on the mere
Willow Warbler - several singing males around the site.
Blackcap - singing male

Bispham Marsh

here a Male Mandarin was still present

No comments: